The year 2018 has seen a lot of celebs taking their relationships forward to engagements. From royals to pop stars all have flaunted their gorgeous bespoke engagement rings in the public. Let’s rewind and take a look at the most talked about betrothals and engagement rings of the year 2018.
- Emily Ratajkowski: Actress and model Emily posted a picture of hers wearing a stunning double solitaire ring. It is a minimalistic modern design with one teardrop-cut diamond and the other a princess-cut diamond on a thin yellow gold band. The ring is a bespoke piece presented to her by her husband Sebastian Bear McClard. Interestingly, McClard initially proposed Emily with a paper clip, reports Elle UK.
- Hailey Baldwin: Justin Bieber popped the question in style with a huge pear-shaped custom diamond ring the net worth of which is estimated to be a staggering 2 million GBP as published on mirror.co.uk. Bieber shared the news via a lovely Instagram post with 2 stunning pictures of himself with his fiancée Hailey Baldwin adorning the spectacular rock.
- Lady Gaga: This year proved to be the year for Lady Gaga for reasons more than one, she turned an actor with the movie ‘A Star Is Born’ and then she is engaged! The sparkling pink Sapphire on her ring finger is the sapphire engagement ring her fiancé Christian Carino proposed her with. An extravagant piece, it is a halo engagement ring with an oval natural pink sapphire in the centre surrounded by 12 diamond solitaires.
- Princess Eugenie: Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter and the ninth in line to the British throne Princess Eugenie of York, announced her engagement this year with her fiancé Jack Brooksbank. The Royal received a bespoke engagement ring studded with the rare rosy pink Padparadscha sapphire surrounded by diamond solitaires. The telegraph.co.uk states that the ring is a tribute to her mother Sarah, the Duchess of York.
- Priyanka Chopra: An east meets west story, the Indian superstar grabbed headlines with the long train trench coat on the MET Gala red carpet in 2017 and a years later she was engaged to the gentleman who walked beside her on that red carpet, actor, singer and songwriter Nick Jonas. The latter proposed with a bespoke engagement ring from Tiffany & company. It is said that Jonas had asked the particular Tiffany store in London to shut down for public so that he can choose the perfect engagement ring privately for his beloved, reports Harper Bazaar website. The ring is a spectacular cushion-cut solitaire diamond ring.
- Paris Hilton: the hotel chain heiress got engaged to Actor Chris Zylka over the New year weekend in Aspen. The actor designed the ring himself. The enormous Platinum engagement ring has a pear shaped close to 20 carat diamond in a halo setting surrounded by smaller diamonds, as told to People’s magazine.
If you feel inspired by any of these pieces and decide to surprise the love of your life, look no further, we at Sparkling Stones London specialize in bespoke engagement rings made to perfection as per your preferences and budget.